What information do we collect?
We collect information when you register on our site or fill out a form.
When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your: name, email address, mailing address, phone number or social security number. You may, however, visit our site anonymously
What do we use your information for?
Any of the information we collect may be used in one of the following ways:
- To personalize your experience (your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs)
- To improve customer service (your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs)
How do we protect your information?
- We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you access your personal information
- We offer the use of a secure server. All supplied sensitive/credit information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our database to be only accessed by those authorized with special access rights to our systems, and are required to keep the information confidential.
- After a transaction, your private information (credit cards, social security numbers, financials, etc.) will be kept on file for more than 60 days in order to comply with standard practice in retention of educational records.
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer your personally identifiable information to outside parties. This does not include trusted third parties who will assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect others or our rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Third Party Links
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third party products or services on our website. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
California Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
Because we value your privacy we have taken the necessary precautions to be in compliance with the California Online Privacy Protection Act. We therefore will not distribute your personal information to outside parties without your consent.
Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
We are in compliance with the requirements of COPPA (Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act); we do not collect information from anyone under 13 years of age. Our website, products and services are all directed to people who are at least 13 years old or older.
The Academic Internship Council
601 West 26th Street, Suite 325
New York, NY 10001
The Huffington Post, March 22, 2017
The Times, March 20, 2017
University World News, March 17, 2017
Inside Higher Ed, March 17, 2017
The PIE News, March 16, 2017
The Globe And Mail, March 12, 2017
The Washington Post, March 10, 2017
University World News, March 8, 2017